Water Park Operation Manager JD
The Water Park Operation Manager is responsible to perform a professional duties in supervision of th operations of the Water Park through planning, coordinating, scheduling, and evaluating variety of programs specific to the Water Park area within the facility. Your main function is to deliver the best service, quality and value to every customer, every time.
- Develop long, medium and short-term plans and executive programs, setting goals and objectives to Start-Up Amusement/Theme Parks, FEC's, and Leisure projects.
- Direct the development and implementation of short and long range plans and budgets of the country to optimize the achievement of revenue, growth and profit targets.
- Responsible for management in overall Water Park operations, revenue generation, and expense management.
- Responsible for leading the management team in their areas of focus as needed.
- Encourages advancement for those Team Members qualified and interested in career development.
- Works to maintain an efficient, cooperative atmosphere among Team Members.
- Projects a positive public relations image to Team Members and guests.
- Develops, implements, and monitors schedules for Water Park operation.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and maintaining Team Members for the department. Interfaces with the Human Resources department to communicate staffing needs and assist in the hiring process utilizing HR procedures.
- Anticipates turnover to maintain proper staffing levels.
- Coordinates the documentation of coaching, counseling, and disciplining Team Members.
- Creates and initiates any Team Member incentive programs to help increase Team Member morale.
- Clearly describes and assigns responsibility and authority for the operation of the department.
- Has working knowledge of emergency procedures. Administers and coordinates emergency first aid as necessary, as well as the documentation of incidents involving guests and Team Members.
- Instructs Red Cross Lifeguard training and certification, as needed. Assists with in-service training throughout the year Responsible for delivering financial key performance indicators such as sales, profits, cost of sales, operating costs .......etc.
- Conducts training of staff in water safety, first aid, and CPR; ensures that all certifications of staff is maintained. Ensures high program standards are followed; provides regular in-service training to staff as needed.
- Development of lifeguard deck rotational system for monitoring the pools and all other pool deck operations.
- Handles the filtration system and other Water Park operating systems.
- Performs regular safety inspections of pools and equipment to reduce hazards and to provide maximum safety to the patrons.
- Assists with coaching the kids swim programs as needed;
- Surveys patrons and evaluates programs to determine public needs and how to increase program efficiency and effectiveness; receives patron complaints and suggestions and responds appropriately.
- Performs related duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Bachelor's Degree in Recreation, P.E. or a closely related field plus three (5) years directly related Water Park experience in a managerial role, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification in first aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer and WSI lifeguard training or equivalent.
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Working knowledge of swimming pool filters, mechanical systems and the use of chemicals for swimming pool and water chemistry.
- Knowledge of the standards of care in aqua games industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with the public and possess excellent public relation skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to create effective working relationships with employees and the public.
- Knowledge that their decisions may affect the total facility staff and the lives of others.
- Must be between 25 - 37 years old.
- Fluency in English, Arabic and other Languages is a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Ability to effectively work at different heights.
- Able to swim 200 yards continuously using breaststroke and/or front crawl.
- Able to retrieve a ten-pound diving brick from the deepest part of the pool and bring it to the wall.
- Able to tread water without using hands or arms for a period of two-minutes.
- Works in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods of time.
- Able to exit lifeguard stand in an emergency.
- Able to work in team environment as a team member and as team leader.
- Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limited to:
o Wet and humid environments.
o Indoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 70F to 120 F.
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, dirt, caustic chemicals, acids, odors, waste, and dust
- Uniformed position - with bathing suit required.